- Jobs – built an advance factory and secured the US multinational dental insurer, DeCare, to locate a global claims processing hub that now employs over 100 people.
- Decentralisation – campaigned successfully and won the Office of Public Works.
- Broadband – secured a high-end fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Network with backhaul (the best and most secure broadband connectivity), which delivers Internet speeds 100 times faster to the town’s biggest employers, CBE Software and DeCare.
- Energy – connected to the natural gas network and Euro 45m spent on a new 110kV electricity substation.
- LED Christmas Lights - the seasonal feel of the town.